Wednesday, April 6, 2011

American Idol - April 6 - Nine Finalists

1. Jason Lusk, Man in the Mirror
They love this guy, but it sounded so karaoke to me. The hip grinding also didn't match the song.

2. Haley Reinhart, Another Piece of My Heart
That was ripping fun.

3. Casey Abrams, Have You Ever Seen the Rain
Quirky interpretation. Most original so far

4. Lauren Alaina, Natural Woman
Interesting country feel to a very difficult song

5. James Durbin, While My Guitar Gently Weeps
He really is sort of a butch Adam Lambert. Nice money note. It worked for me.

6. Scott McCreery, That's Alright
Tonight, Mad magazine's Alfred E Newman sang an Elvis tune and teenie bopper girls rushed the stage. I was surprised that he gave such an energetic and fun song

7. Pia Toscano, River Deep Mountain High
Lots of energy for singing a duo song as a solo. I liked the Glee version more.

8. Stefano Langone, When A Man Loves a Woman
It was sort of over the top on that one.

9. Paul McDonald,
Ho-down music for rock and roll

James Durbin
Scott McCreery
Haley Reinhart
Casey Abrams
Paul McDonald
Stefano Langone
Pia Toscone
Lauren Alaina
Jason Lusk




My Full Blog

No comments: