Wednesday, March 7, 2012

American Idol - Top 12 - March 7 2012 - Recap and Review

Men do Stevie and Women do Whitney

1. Joshua Ledet

Interesting sound. More gravel and soul. The dancing looks awkward to me though. Nice scat.

2. Elise Testone

Glad she changed her song but sounds like it was too last minute. The performance is so so. Some of the lower notes are too breathy and she's trying too hard.

3. Erika Van Pelt

Hmm, a couple flat notes to me. Nice build up. Controlled, though might be overly so.

4. Colton Dixon

Nice and sensitive performance. Sounds more on tune when he's not going reedy. Great finish.

5. Shannon Mcgrane

Was sounding ok, but an important note was very icky. Pretty lightweight to me.

6. Deandre Brackensick

His sound isn't my favorite, but he was good. I liked his rhythm and tempo for the piece.

7. Skyler

Good ramp up from a weak start. A strong finish. She impressed

8. Heejun

He's a pretty funny guy. Surprisingly tender tone. Couple odd notes and too safe, but good.

9. Holle

I like her tone but she seemed tentative in the middle. Nice money note with a lovely turn to tender.

10. Jeremy Rosado

It was awkward to me. It didn't feel quite there.

11. Jessica

This is a very risky song. Lovely control. A bit much on some vibrato tricks and too fast on them, but money notes are pretty darned good.

12. Philip Phillips

Great sound for this piece. Good interpretation and entertaining.

My tops:

1. Philip
2. Jessica
3. Skyler

My Bottom:

1. Shannon
2. Jeremy
3. Elise









My Full Blog

No comments: