Tuesday, May 24, 2011

American Idol Finale 2011

A country/teen finale

This is the first final in a few years where the finalists weren't who I expected. James left early. But at least this is a reasonable competition, if a bit dull in being an entirely country competition.

1. Scotty - Gone

He's ripping this one like he did the first time he sang it.

2. Lauren -

This was a good choice for a reprise, though you can tell there are some laryngitis issues.

3. Scotty -
George Straight picked one of his songs for Scotty to sing. Not sure it's the right sound. It was pretty sleepy. Nice to see him play the guitar.

4. Lauren - Maybe it was Memphis

Good song choice by Carrie Underwood. I can hear the weakness in her voice but she carried it off well.

5. Scotty - Love you this big?

This will be his single if he wins? It's such a sleepy ballad? Are they trying to take him down? One bad note.

6. Lauren - Like my mother does?

Kinda pandering. Oops, painful note. A few off notes in there to me.

Hmmm... I think the better songs were Lauren's but in terms of vocals, I do think Scotty did a slightly better job.

I'll be happy with either kid.






My Full Blog

No comments: