Tuesday, May 11, 2010

American Idol Final 4

American Idol Final 4

Jamie Foxx is our guest host, and we're going to be doing movie music.

#1,#5 - Lee DeWyze, Kiss From a Rose

It wasn't his best performance. Surprised that he took a rather simple song and didn't do much with it. Disappointed in him, but he's still one of my favorites to go forward.

#2,#6 - Michael Lynche, Will You Be There

Not exactly a good song for me with Michael. It wasn't something that rang out.

*** Crystal Bowersox and Lee DeWyze in a duet, Falling Slowly

I loved Kris Allen's version, but as a duet, this was really a lovely, well down performance. The chemistry was perfect and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

#3,#7 - Casey James, Mrs Robinson

Oh a Jason Castro moment, what with the uke. This is a nicely delicate rendition, though the sweetness does take off some of the best parts of the social edge, rendering the song rather safe and tame.

#4,#8 - Crystal Bowersox, I'm Alright

That was rather good, thank heavens, because she was somewhat disappointing the last couple weeks. I'm glad she shined and shouldn't be concerned this week.

*** Michael Lynche and Casey James in duet, Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman

It's very plain and predictable, without any sizzle. They're basically just singing at the same time, rather than singing a duet.

My rankings:
1. Crystal #4,#8
2. Lee #1,#5
3. Casey #3,#7
4. Michael #2,#6


My Full Blog

No comments: